JM Glendinning (chair), GA Clarke, S Collins, T Davies, T Donohue, A Howie, A McFarlane, LR McKenzie, G Murphy, S O'Donnell, C Postlethwaite, D Wilson and K Stewart (minutes).
Apologies had been received from the following: - G Anderson, L Barnes, DM Bryson, R Coleman, J Dempsey, K Emery, S Emery, I Mackintosh, P Macnab, W Marshall, C McLure, C Pritchett, S Taylor, R Tweedie
Proxy in favour of the chair had been received from, M, D, C and A Officer.
The chairman asked for questions or comment on the proposed revised constitution. The only discussion was in relation to various amendments which had been put forward by G Clarke.
Discussion of the proposals resulted as follows:
1. Replace President' by 'Chairman': not adopted.
2. Replace 'Schools Development Director' by 'Schools Chess Director': not adopted.
3. Remove 'Customer Services Director': not adopted.
4. Replace 'Sponsorship Director'. Agreed to rename as 'Marketing Director'.
5. Replace 'Home Chess Director (Open)' by 'Home Chess Director (Adult)'. A further proposal was put that the term '(General)' be used. The second amendment was defeated by the first by 6 votes to 3. The agreed amendment was then defeated by 9 votes to 4.
6. Replace 'Junior Board' by 'Junior Group': not adopted.
A proposal to adopt the new constitution (as amended) was proposed by A Howie and seconded by S O'Donnell; the proposal was carried unanimously.
VOTE OF THANKS
A vote of thanks to the constitutional group of three was proposed and adopted.
The meeting closed at 8.40pm.