Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New constitution
andyburnett Wrote:
Quote: I am sure these changes are intended to discourage dissent from the membership.

Things don't change with an intention of their own accord, Steve. So whose intention was it to discourage dissent through these 'changes'?

If this isn't what you meant, then you really have to re-word your statement to avoid causing offence, because as it stands it's not an 'inference' (as Ian says) but an outright statement.

I realise there are important matters to discuss within the document, matters which don't really need to be side-tracked by this argument, but I can easily see why Jim W. (and perhaps others) feel offended.

Andy,
" I am sure these changes are intended to discourage dissent from the membership." My intention by making this point is that I fear that may well be the consequences of the proposed changes, however well intention ed these changes may be. I am saddened that people can take offence from this statement of my view. I would suggest that they read this in the context of the whole document. I reiterate again that it was not my intention to offend anyone by the statement, if anyone is offended by this statement, I'm sorry you feel that way. Anyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter, and I will be first to defend anyone's right to criticize me, but I must be free to state my view

I for one would welcome an open debate on this document. it is too important a document as a whole not to be debated

Messages In This Thread