Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Champions 2015
Yes, great event, thanks all round and congrats to Neil Berry, who played an excellent tournament and fully deserved Scot Championship title. Alas a correction is necessary, as below.

I am pleased to say that I actually won both the 50+ and 65+ scot championships. Sadly this is contrary to the erroneous announcement at the CS homepage (and above) that I won 'only' the 65+ title. In fact, I was the highest placed 50+ player and won that title, too.

The organisers made an extremely unfortunate howler, to say the least, by awarding the 50+ title to Colin McNab and Roddy McKay at the prize-giving. As I scored 6.5/9 to their 6/9, I was shocked and completely aghast when I wasn't called up to receive the 50+ title, as I had expected to be.

There was nothing in the rules to say that a 65+ player could not qualify for the 50+ title. Apart from anything else it would be age-discriminatory to do so and it is also contrary to FIDE rules in seniors chess ... 65+ players are free to enter 50+ events ... of course!!

I am not prepared to leave this matter as it stands and insist that CS recognises my 50+ title asap or it will go much further.

Messages In This Thread