Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Champions 2015
Re Seniors debate:

You can win 2 prizes and indeed 2 titles as well - Neil won 2 cash prizes and would have rightly won both titles had he finished first overall. (Well done Neil by the way! , very popular winner and I had to admire both players going all out for the win, I thought Keti had the edge early on so a lot of pressure on Neil)

Looks like this was the first year for the new over 50's Category and whilst the entry form suggests that its not age banded 50 to 64 it makes far more sense to do so. Its a bit like grading prizes if you state u2000 u1800 u1600 then the u1600 cannot sweep all 4 grading prizes even if you out performed everyone as an u1600. The prizes are also usually the same so why would you want to risk playing up a band if you had that option.

Also looking from other direction if you had under 21, 18 16 14,12 sections and the u12 was best he or she surely cannot claim all 5 titles trophies and cash?

There is a difference with age and it would seem to make sense to have the option of playing in a different section other than "easier" section assigned. Craig may well have opted for the over 50 but that should have been an option at the start not when the results are known.

If, as it appears, the form was simply not clear enough then that is not Craig's fault. However he could have clarified it during the event. Perhaps he should have been given the choice of title, but that could have changed who won the other title, so that does not seem like an ideal solution so I think the result should stand.

Congratulations to all winners and thanks to organisers for an excellent tournament.

Messages In This Thread