Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner - Gormally
As Matthew has implied, the amount spent on conditions for titled players was much reduced this year and was considerably less than the first prize. Several foreign applications were rejected.

Two players met enough titled players to potentially gain norms but did not score enough. A third was on target at the two thirds point but a couple of losses meant that he dropped down the field.

In terms of achieving norms the problem was the shortage of 21-2200 players which meant that norm seekers had to achieve a higher score.

The most annoying thing was the transport situation. Three potential players in the above category were in touch to apologise for not taking part because of transport. I would imagine that the loss in numbers to the event was probably about 20-30.

On that, I would like to thank those from Edinburgh and the east who made the effort to commute daily - what should have been a short train trip became a frustrating journey as bus after bus drove past full.

Effort is being made to enhance the event in future but I have a plan C to put in place if things do not materialise.

Messages In This Thread