Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympiad Goals
Quote:Andrew on board 1 was correct, but putting the 2015 Scottish Champion on 5 when he had shown encouraging signs the year before while boards 2 and 4 simply sat on their ratings was wrong.

Alan,
While you make some good points I think this is a bit silly. Neil is a very good player and a friend but John (our board 2) is a GM and even playing below par managed to perform at 2400 level. He is a stronger player than Neil, you or I.

I'm also unsure why you singled me out with the
Quote:sat on their ratings
comment given that in 2016 I played 4NCL and Capelle la Grande and made an appearance in the English County Champs. The
Quote:encouraging signs the year before
definitely applies to Neil but unless my memory fails me I scored an IM norm in the 4NCL in 2015, missed a norm by a whisker in Jersey and had played at about 2450 level last year so honestly I think you'd be better served sticking to making constructive comments rather than making ill-informed swipes at players trying to do their best for their country.

I'd be the first to admit I played below par in the Olympiad but these things happen. If you are unhappy that you weren't selected there is an easy solution: you've shown plenty of times that when in form you are able to play at a very high level so get your rating over 2400 and then, ahem, sit on your rating...

Messages In This Thread