Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympiad Goals
Iain, Although I went a bit far with my provocations, you appear to be taking some things personally that were not directed at you. As I said, most of my comments related to previous Olympiad experiences. (For the record, the European Team was similar the first time I played - "We play for ourselves" was what I was told by one player... but now there is better team spirit.)

Look at it from the point of view of the 'fans' watching at home. As a CS member am I not allowed to know something about the players who use a large % of CS funds to represent Scotland? The only post on here I remember reading by you was entitled "I hate chess" (can't find it).
Now that you've explained your training (the blitz comment was not aimed at you) and desire I don't doubt your commitment. I still stand by 15 games not being enough in an Olympiad year, but hey, I'm not a selector.

Glad you like the idea of pre-tournament training. When a player(s) refuse this it does kind of feel like they are holding things back and is a significant part of my frustration.

No player is above questioning or criticism. Take some of my comments seriously, laugh the others off, figure out what you need to work on and do it. I'm glad that you have motivation and fire and I wish you all the best for IM.
(p.s. try preparing your openings before the tournament so as to have a clear head before the game)

Messages In This Thread