Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
draw claim
This query probably relates to one of my recent Glasgow League games.

There is a disputes procedure which may or may not be used so I will not say too much here.

Basically in game with both players down to 20s i was playing to draw my opponent to win. There was opponents flagfall. Now I cannot win normally but there is mating material. I had offered draws but my opponent, probably caught up in the game ,played to flagfall. He ought to have simply claimed a draw himself when down to a few seconds...but did not.

I did not notice flagfall but instead it was called by my team captain who was further adamant that no draw be agreed. There was then quite a lot of noise as happens.

Normally no issue as I would give a draw once it was clear that did not matter to the team result but here it does matter...I think to both teams. Its just very unfortunate.

On the evening I was unsure of captains rights but riule 7 b explicitly states that captain can call flagfall.

However this works out its just unfortunate that the match result is in the balance. I have given my full version of events in writing with the claim for a win and I assume the opposing team captain will have received ...I have not yet received feedback but i assume the team captains will resolve this.

Messages In This Thread