Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(11-09-2017, 11:30 PM)andyburnett Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 11:27 PM)Andy Howie Wrote: Andy was elected at the 2016 AGM.  Was properly proposed and seconded and elected.

There were no candidates for ID submitted in time for the 2015 AGM.   We had Andy Muir from the floor and Andy Burnett had contacted me prior to the AGM to express interest.  Andy was elected at the AGM.  

There was no rule bending

Thanks for clarifying that Andy.

Walter, please, in future check these things in private before making a public comment like that.

Andy B, I definitely was not imputing any election fault on your part.

Andy H - wasn't Andy M the outgoing ID in 2015 - it was said that he could therefore have been accepted as ID there and then. There was an issue of whether the unannounced candidacy of AndyB should be allowed. The chair was pretty firm that day - the objections to the standards committee nominations (NOT to the people being nominated but the way they were imposed on the meeting) were similarly dismissed.

[BTW the minutes of the meeting aren't in their place, all the items seem to point to the current home page. However these tend just to be rubber stamped a year later anyway. I recall that when I objected to part of the minutes of the SGM in Edinburgh, it was just ignored.]

Not that I minded any people's candidacies but if the management don't take seriously the democratic procedures the process becomes a bit of a show.

Back to the present point -  sure AndyB, I'll withdraw the point about the AGM in this context if you like.

Is it not true though that there was no indication when you took office in 2015 that you were standing for this kind of change?

Sorry if I have bugged you - hope you're going to answer some of my other points.

Best
Walter

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by WBuchanan - 12-09-2017, 12:48 AM