Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGM
Alex, I'm afraid your posting is particularly misleading on the intentions of the Ayrshire Chess Association.

A bit of history is required:
This issue has rumbled on for over three years (that I can recall) and CS has done nothing about it. Simply stalled for time again, again and again. Had the Ayrshire Chess Association wanted to push the proposal through it could have done so at the last AGM. Ayrshire had the proxy votes to do it but didn't. You seem to be suggesting that pushing through this proposal is the ACA's aim. The Association has tried to work with CS to reach consensus and I believe Donald Wilson has met with representatives of the ACA to reach a solution on this issue.

The position of the ACA is clear. As it currently stands the Standards Code is badly written and not fit for purpose. The Ayrshire amendments fix this. The Ayrshire Association has its own Standards Code and should be the authority for resolving disputes pertaining to Ayrshire Chess. However, on matters such as PVG legislation CS retains its authority. I don't see why there is an issue with this.

I accept that a Standards Code is needed but the current one is not fit for purpose. It even breaches its own terms as it has never actually met and is supposed to meet annually. However, CS is great at breaching its own terms and directives including a commitment to hold this EGM within three months as stated at the last AGM and it didn't happen. It makes CS look particularly unprofessional in its administration of chess in Scotland.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread