Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGM
Derek, I'll take each of your points in turn:

Section 1 second paragraph
I wasn’t involved in the drafting of this but my guess would be it is in Section 1 as that is the governing principle of the standards code. Thus, it goes to the very core of what the Standards Committee is for. Perhaps it should be in section 4 but it doesn’t say anywhere explicity (in Section 4 currently) that it does not replace existing league/association dispute resolution processes. I believe that is an important distinction and goes to the core of the amendment. However, you could propose an amendment to the motion to change the wording or move it to Section 4 at the SGM.

Section 1- Last paragraph
I believe this was added to appease those who highlighted the issue that Alex raised in his initial post and that was raised at the last AGM. Making it clear that the on matters pertaining to PVG that CS retains authority.

Section 5
Derek I believe it is within 10 days of the complaint being received and think that is clear but you can always propose an amendment at the SGM. Or even take it out as it wasn't in before. Best practice in texts like these is usually to specify the period in which the payment should be made. However, I accept this document is some way from best practice.

Section 6 - deletion of the word "normally"
I disagree the deletion of the word normally is correct. Who determines when a complaint is normal or not? Its a silly generalisation to have in a Standards Code. On appropriateness I believe this would be determined by the Committee as the supposed ‘normalness’ of a complaint was from my interpretation of the original text.

Section 6 - if other routes take more than 42 days
I agree with you there. Although, that was part of the original text and is just one of the many poorly worded parts of this document. I just wish members had actually read this text in the first place instead of blindly passing this code as it is riddled with sentences overcomplicating matters and using 20 words where 5 words would do.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread