Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson & Spens results
This message is primarily directed to team captains, but first some quotes from the other Richardson/Spens thread:

Quote:Have results from last weekend and draw published somewhere? Possibly I missed it.

Quote:we really ought to see them published on the site. Listed on the news on front page would seem justified in fact.

Quote:detailed board info on colour/grade/players/result shown. Within 48 hours. Otherwise the credibility and stock of the competitions is reduced.

Quote:... web pages for the Richardson and Spens on the CS website – <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/CSandRelatedEvents.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/membership ... Events.htm</a><!-- m -->

These pages are maintained and updated by Dick Heathwood – but only if he is sent the data and that didn't happen recently.

What has happened is that not all results have been reported fully and promptly to the event organiser – Andy Muir. If this information isn't passed to Andy then he can't publish them and has to chase up missing details, yet he gets the blame
Quote:I can understand Andy not wishing to make personal posts but in capacity as organiser of our flagship team events we really ought to see them published on the site.
I suggest he has enough to do without this. Not only, but also, grading data can't be updated because DB doesn't have the detail either, so he has to ask questions and he also has enough to do already.

And now I refer to the quotes I gave you honourable gentlefolk a few moments ago – people want to be kept up-to-date with progress.

So:
Team captains – please provide the match details as soon as possible;
Non-captains – if your match details aren't made public soon after the event perhaps you would consider biting your captain's leg until it is. Any little help .. helps.

Messages In This Thread