Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upload Oct 1 2014
This week's upload is taking far longer than expected. The uploader usually refreshes whole system in about an hour. We are investigating reason for delay.
Over the last couple of days I have noticed a substantial drop in the speed of the noticeboard, the rest of the CS site, including grading, has worked at a slight reduction in speed. I am not experiencing delays on other similar sites, i.e. the ECF.
Loading the noticeboard took more than 3 minutes, and accessing this post took a similar time.
Andrew McHarg has rebooted system which has allowed this week's grading upload to be completed.

The noticeboard should also access more quickly.
Working better now

The old switch on off never fails!
Surely that should be switch off, then on Alex.

On then off would rather put a stop to anything.

The board is responding much, much faster than yesterday.
Andy McCulloch Wrote:Surely that should be switch off, then on Alex.

On then off would rather put a stop to anything.

The board is responding much, much faster than yesterday.

Actually the on off is the same button. Any more of that Ill have to get the boys to stop taking it easy with you the next time they play you!!

I wonder how much revenue IT experts have gained with one flick of the on/off button?
Alex Gillies Wrote:I wonder how much revenue IT experts have gained with one flick of the on/off button?

personally I would be embarrassed to tell you. Some of my clients have given me the nickname "reboot"
Ianbrownlee Wrote:
Alex Gillies Wrote:I wonder how much revenue IT experts have gained with one flick of the on/off button?

personally I would be embarrassed to tell you. Some of my clients have given me the nickname "reboot"

Ian - don't tell us then!
I heard your nickname was "Robot" - must be my hearing.

Alex - you need to stop giving away these trade secrets

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Why does the F.D.I.E list state that it shows Scottish rated and unrated players? when I have yet to see my own name. Robert lawson 7723 P.num.
Robert, I think the "unrated players" are classed as those who have a PARTIAL FIDE grade due to not having played enough (9 if I remember correctly) FIDE rated games within a set period. If you have not played ANY FIDE Rated Tournaments then FIDE wont list you are they wont know you exist.
Your PNNUM is for SCO only - as you get an international PNUM allocated once you play in a FIDE rated event.
There's some more info from the links here...<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/grading/displayLatestFide.php">http://www.chessscotland.com/grading/di ... stFide.php</a><!-- m -->