Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AGM today (Consequences for noticeboard)
(22-08-2017, 11:02 PM)David Deary Wrote: Walter, I think we'll have to agree to disagree tbh. I have no issue with asking a question in public or at a meeting but believe it should be civil. The forum is no exception to this.

Stating its "not good enough" "unrepresentative" et al is not the way things change. A few keyboard warriors need to actually volunteer and contribute for a change rather than sitting on the sidelines decrying everything.

For the record, I don't think you are one of these warriors you've just unfortunately engaged me on an issue I'm passionate about.

It's never a misfortune to engage with you David...I understand your passion as you think the organisers are being unfairly criticized. If you read through it again I think you'll see that the 'not good enough' referred to an initial response that ducked the question.

Just to be clear on this point- if motion 4 does not reflect 'management' thinking, then there would be no point in discussing it privately with the proposer!

I agree with your passion and good manners do matter. But I think people being fobbed off also feel they are also not being treated with respect. This is bound to be compounded when they start to attract 'loyal' criticism just for pressing a question that has openly been ducked.

Your response suggests that members who might or might not 'contribute for a change' (a dig that is a case in point surely!?) can be treated with disrespect. I think this is misplaced (or one-sided) passion!

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: AGM today (Consequences for noticeboard) - by WBuchanan - 23-08-2017, 09:28 AM