Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(11-09-2017, 01:10 PM)andyburnett Wrote: 'One can imagine all sorts of reasons why a player might genuinely be unable to play 8 FIDE rated games in a six month period. I would suggest that you write the selection criteria in more general terms' (Matt Turner)

Hi Matt, This is true. Money troubles, health problems, new child, etc etc. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of chess sometimes - but it is no different to any other pursuit. I would say to this that the person should then focus on the next 'cycle'.

Andy,
Thank you for responding to our comments.  I appreciate that 'hard cases make bad law' but let me give you an example.  A player is unable to play over the board chess because they are caring for a relative.  However, they keep their hand in with a combination of online matches, correspondence chess and tactics primers.  Should the rules be such that the selection committee is preventing from selecting them?
Matt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Matthew Turner - 11-09-2017, 03:12 PM