Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
I have just checked Keti's player record for the last couple of years. Activity wise Keti would more than meet the requirement.

As someone who is unlikely to ever represent Scotland playing, I have stayed out of this but it occurs to me that the same theme is cropping up, therefore I'd like to ask the following.

Is it reasonable for a player wishing to represent their country in a team event to have shown a level of activity in the previous 6 months / 12 months?

If the answer to this is yes it is reasonable, then define what that activity level should be.

Personally I would like to see it extended to 9 months so that the Scottish is counted (assuming selections take place in March / April) but this is my personal thoughts.

To reply to Walters posts. As was established in the 2013 or 2014 AGM, the AGM did not want to be spending time discussing selection procedures. It was felt it was better left to the Directors to devise and publish as what we now call standing orders.

To your point about the 2015 AGM. I really didn't want to go over old ground on this. The ID despite having several reminders did not submit a nomination even close to the time and announced on the noticeboard that he was not standing. Andy Burnett contacted me as he was interested in the post and I said I would put him forward at the AGM.

At the AGM, Andy M turned up and was nominated / seconded. I nominated Andy Burnett as I had agreed to, there was then a discussion as to whether we could have a contested election from nominations from the floor. It was agreed we could and it took place. There is a thread on this very forum with the information in the run up to that AGM.

With the constitution change in 2016, we stopped nominations from the floor. If a post is not filled or rejected at the AGM, it then falls to the Management Board to find a suitable person
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Andy Howie - 12-09-2017, 07:48 AM