Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(12-09-2017, 07:48 AM)Andy Howie Wrote: I have just checked Keti's player record for the last couple of years.  Activity wise Keti would more than meet the requirement.  

As someone who is unlikely to ever represent Scotland playing, I have stayed out of this but it occurs to me that the same theme is cropping up, therefore I'd like to ask the following.

Is it reasonable for a player wishing to represent their country in a team event to have shown a level of activity in the previous 6 months / 12 months?

If the answer to this is yes it is reasonable, then define what that activity level should be.

Personally I would like to see it extended to 9 months so that the Scottish is counted (assuming selections take place in March / April) but this is my personal thoughts.

To reply to Walters posts.  As was established in the 2013 or 2014 AGM, the AGM did not want to be spending time discussing selection procedures.  It was felt it was better left to the Directors to devise and publish as what we now call standing orders.
Andy H, I don't think anyone disagrees with what you have said.  Everyone thinks it would be better if our strongest players played more.  So, everyone supports what Andy Burnett is trying to achieve.
However, you have said "it is reasonable to define what the level of activity SHOULD be".  Andy Burnett has defined what the level of activity HAS to be.  There is a selection committee, so surely we should allow them to select, set guidelines, but don't tie their hands.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Matthew Turner - 12-09-2017, 08:23 AM