Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(12-09-2017, 05:12 AM)andyburnett Wrote: Andrew, As far as I know I have always shown you the utmost respect, but for some reason you seem hell-bent on being offensive in this thread. I've already asked you to be civil and now I'm faced with an expletive-laden post which you expect me to respond to? It's not going to happen, and that goes for anyone else who thinks that being ignorant, offensive, swearing, etc is an acceptable approach.

I have always liked you personally Andy, and nothing has changed in that regard; you're a good guy but I just think you've gone too far with this policy. I used the term "f**k-up* because I couldn't think of a more apt way of describing that hypothetical scenario; who hasn't used the occasional swear word to get a point across? I am not attacking you personally, and would happily go for a beer with you any time (although it would be best if we stayed off this topic). Rather, I'm attacking this one decision you've made. I actually admire your boldness and willingness to engage with criticism, both on this board and in earlier private messages we exchanged - not an easy thing to do. Please just think about toning down the rule so as to allow selectors to exercise some good judgement without having their hands completely tied.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Andrew Greet - 12-09-2017, 09:30 AM