Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(12-09-2017, 01:12 PM)Matthew Turner Wrote: For the record, I don't think the Scottish Champion should have an automatic place.  The selectors should have the flexibility to select somebody, but they also need the flexibility to not select somebody. 

I agree with this sentiment, not just in respect of the Scottish Champion, but generally. I appreciate what Andy is trying to do (i.e. making 'activity' a specific criteria for selection and thereby perhaps increase the activity of the top players generally). But I don't think the selectors should be put in a straightjacket by making specific quantified rules which cannot be broken under any circumstances. To represent Scotland, you firstly need to be eligible and willing to play, and then you need to be selected. It is the job of the selectors to choose the best possible teams from those who are eligible and willing, taking into account the specific parameters of the tournament concerned, and all other possible criteria, including proven playing strength, current activity, and any other factors they may consider relevant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Alastair White - 13-09-2017, 12:24 AM