Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(12-09-2017, 06:53 PM)andyburnett Wrote: @Matt
There are a huge number of countries who use a set 'minimum game' criteria for selection, so this is not some random idea with no basis behind it. The selectors will still have a free hand to compare and discuss and decide from those players who have met the criteria - just as they do at the moment.

Andy, I have never said that having a minimum games criteria is a random idea.  I, and I think everyone else, supports what you are trying to achieve.  You've argued very persuasively why the numbers that you decided upon are correct.  If a situation arose where, for example, Keti had failed to play the requisite number of games then I would be perfectly OK with her not being selected.  So, we agree on everything - well not quite.  There is a selection committee and you as ID are effectively a first among equals.  Put in place your guidelines and selection criteria and put your case for who you think should be selected, by putting in place an absolute rule you are preventing alternative points of views.   I don't believe that is sensible, necessary or desirable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by Matthew Turner - 14-09-2017, 12:19 PM