Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
(15-09-2017, 09:40 PM)amuir Wrote: https://www.chessscotland.com/international/
Adult selectors – IM Andrew Muir, GM Colin McNab, IM Douglas Bryson. (Update Dec 2013)
Adult selectors (Seniors) – IM Andrew Muir, GM Colin McNab. (Update March 2016)
By this sleight of hand Andy B takes over the role of all three adult selectors.
It's too late to apply to the 2018 Olympiad since players who work may have used up their holidays playing in the summer and have none left for the critical months of October 2017- March 2018.
Perhaps it should be tried in Senior Chess first to see if works rather than the most important tournament. How about starting with European Senior Team 2019 and see if it improves position?
I have also been asked to select Glorney team. Are my hands tied on that too ?

Hi Andy M,

To qualify for the selection committee you have to have completed 15 posts in the last 6 months without offending people, 8 of them to be internationally-rated. From checking the records I believe you still have about, oh, 15 to go?

Good luck with choosing the Glorney team all by yourself - I'm sure your tremendous support for them over recent campaigns has not gone unnoticed and they will be delighted by this news.

Regards,

Andy B.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by andyburnett - 15-09-2017, 10:02 PM