Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
An interesting range of approaches, many of which I had looked at previously - the English language ones being the easiest of course: google translate has problems with even basic stuff let alone 'regulation-type' translations.

I'd like to somehow include the Scottish in our criteria somewhere, but as I mentioned previously, the dates are very awkward - either very dated or too close to the team events in question.

The 'minimum' rating floor is also something I have strongly considered, and may be a way of offering hope to those haven't reached a target of games played? Say, 2300 base for the Open team in Olympiad - if there is not enough interest from those over 2300 who have reached the games threshold, places could be offered to others starting from the highest-rated down, for example. For the women's team, say, 1700 as a floor rating.

Yes, yes, of course me mentioning this is just fuel for the 'but you said...' gang. Knock yourselves out Wink

(16-09-2017, 07:37 AM)amuir Wrote:
(15-09-2017, 10:33 PM)robin moore Wrote: Jim,

I think you will find that it was Andy M that digressed with his news that he will be selecting the Glorney team and asking if his hands would be tied in selecting it.

i have had a quick look at the grading lists to see possible team changes under andy b scenario:            
olympiad- mcnab & shaw replaced by tate & mannion
women - arakhamia & bamber replaced by smith & durno
senior - pritchett & jamieson replaced by mckerracher & webster
european - muir & morrison replaced by burnett & grant
given lower grades of replacements we might finish above seedings for a change and the object will be achieved.
my glorney comments look like wishful thinking.

I really wanted to ignore this but...teams are seeded based on ratings. So... Huh  Also, where did you pull those 'changes' from? Keti who played 24 games between October and April last year, and 45 in total? Should I even bother checking the others?

Honestly Andy, I have a lot of patience with people, but you're pushing things to the limit. Personal attacks, completely random statements and stats, nonsensical comments, ignoring questions asked of you to support your statements- you seriously need to have a long, hard look at yourself and ask if you are really helping chess in Scotland or just pandering to your own ridiculous whims.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by andyburnett - 17-09-2017, 11:03 PM