Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria
"A good job you don't live in a far flung corner of Scottish civilisation like Aberdeen. After all, you would have no chance of gaining a title or be national champion if you lived there. "

Agreed it gets harder to get the games in as you move further away from the main population centres. I do think my own case is a pretty good illustration of the problem, though. I live in the country's capital city. The last opportunity I had to play a graded game of classical chess was at the Edinburgh congress in April - 6 months ago. I also see nothing on the horizon bar a couple of SNCL Sundays between now and end of the year. When you cast that against the idea that players need to play more if they want selected for a national team it does seem somewhat at odds. I am sure my case is not unique.

Personally I would be more in favour of selection adding more weight to activity if we were operating in an the environment that gives sufficient opportunity to actually play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess Scotland Adult Selection Criteria - by George Neave - 27-09-2017, 04:48 PM