Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some topics of interest from the International Directors report
(13-04-2018, 08:23 PM)robin moore Wrote: Jim,

At some of the pinnacle events I mention above Scotland receive a fully funded place for a boy and a girl at all age groups from under 8 to under 18, hardly "4/5 for a single team".
Are you seriously telling CS members that our juniors don't WANT to play in the events I have mentioned?  If I was a parent of a potential player it wouldn't take me long to decide whether to accept a fully funded place at the World Youth in Greece/ World Cadet in Spain or spend three days in Paisley.

Robin,

This is my last post on this subject. Nor will I answer any further questions at this time.

Quote: - Are you seriously telling CS members that our juniors don't WANT to play in the events I have mentioned?  

--- Did I say that? I thought I said "all the youngsters in the various squads WANT to play in this event"

If a child wants to pay in any of the individual events you mention we will certainly not stand in their way, We will offer to help with the registration process (it would need to be done via their Federation after all) events. To be quite honest it is the individuals choice (and their parents) choice.  Chess Scotland would only intervene if more that one individual in any category wished to play - then we would need to make decision on who would be entitled to any funded place(s) - but I personally don't see that happening anytime soon.

Nor will we stop any team entering in the Junior team events but as I keep saying (like a stuck record) we do not have the resources to offer additional financial support. Once again, as I have posted before, Chess Scotland first need to build reserves and be financially stable before funding such exercises.

I would certainly not support putting Chess Scotland in financial difficulties to support your notions at this time.

Should you feel that this is something you can assist in - by helping raise funds for events please come forward and, rather than criticise, us for doing nothing in your opinion, offer to help!

Going back in history to your time (apologies to others - couldn't resist that!) Chess Scotland was receiving a substantial grant that was withdrawn a number of years ago and we cannot replace that overnight - That is the priority at this time.

Goodnight and goodbye.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some topics of interest from the International Directors report - by Jim Webster - 13-04-2018, 10:43 PM