Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some topics of interest from the International Directors report
(14-04-2018, 10:27 AM)amuir Wrote: I am giving of my time free to train the Glorney Squad at their 1st training event on 28 April. All I want is my travel expenses. Playing in the Glorney in 1973 helped me to continue playing chess 45 years later today. I support the event.

The Olympiad selectors have named a bold and exciting team in the Open event with plenty of hungry players. I hope their preparation goes well.

Where's the Olympiad team posted?

I was hoping this thread would not turn into another junior chess argument. There is a separate area for those who want to go over this (again). Personally I am more interested in the main adult game which is the one where the majority of paying players reside. I feel development of the adult game in Scotland gets insufficient (no?) discussion. My only observation on junior chess would be that it is all rather pointless if there is a not a healthy adult game that you can develop into. Unlike most other sports, chess seems to be the one of the few that falls off a cliff when you grow-up (at east in Scotland).

Above did not answer my point 2 actually - what are strategic priorities for funding - have we defined that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some topics of interest from the International Directors report - by George Neave - 14-04-2018, 11:41 AM