Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Team Championships , Georgia, October 2019
We came good today, beating Kosovo and moving off the bottom. After Alan and I drew it was down to the last 2 games. Hamish asked me twice if he could accept a draw but I said no since Murad was material down. Then when Murad took on g6 he was suddenly better, even with only a minute on his clock. So I suggested Hamish offer a draw, but then his opponent refused. Murad then won and Hamish's opponent allowed threefold repetition in a tense finish.
Well done guys. Was watching all the games on the way home on the train tonight. Cheered when I saw Murad's win. Great results from you all. Go win another now!!
I watched bits and pieces, but I was never expecting a Scottish victory. Murad really turned it around, so congratulations everybody. I guess today is a rest day, so enjoy Batumi Smile
Matt
Nice win for Andy M today!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Yes, it was 93 moves, should have won quicker in about 60 moves but unnecessarily gave up my g pawn.
My walk on the rest day down the Black Sea coast/Batumi Boulevard - there and back = 8 miles helped.

Unfortunately we lost 2.5-1.5 and Kosovo drew so back in 40th place.
we were very combative against Montenegro , 3 hard fought draws against better players. But a 2.5-1.5 loss , and Kosovo beating Albania leaves us still last.
we lost 4-0 to lithuania but murad was definitely winning and others had good positions too.
we lost 3-1 to slovakia but graham drew with ftacnik and I played my 100th game in European teams , same as Beliavsky, one more than Korchnoi.

http://www.olimpbase.org/statisticse/all_id01.html