Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS Coach List
Hi there,

As part of my new role as Admin Director, one of the first things I will be doing is continuing the work that Ian started around bringing the list of Chess Scotland coaches on the website up to date. For years now, the list has only really been helpful in identifying who has been PVG'd for this purpose. Our aim is to have a more refined list on the website that is helpful for all in identifying who is actively doing coaching.

Over the next 4-6 weeks, I will be going through the list trying to make contact with everybody on it to help map out who is actively doing coaching and if so, what type of coaching. If you are a currently active coach, please do get in touch with me and let me know particularly as we don't have up to date email addresses/telephone numbers for everybody. My email address is in the Contacts section of the website.

Thanks in advance,

Ruairidh
Hi Ruairidh
Chris Merry wants to be put on the coaches list, I've asked him via Iain Fraser (Prestwick) for hom to contact you. I believe Chris has also taken out a CS membership as well
(21-12-2023, 07:16 PM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: Hi Ruairidh
Chris Merry wants to be put on the coaches list, I've asked him via Iain Fraser (Prestwick) for hom to contact you. I believe Chris has also taken out a CS membership as well

Thanks Ian,

He will need to be PVG'd - we are looking for somebody to take over from Hamish Glen. 

I'll look forward to his email though.
According to the Coaches list currently posted Chris Merry already has PVG clearance.

The last time the Coaches list was updated  (to my knowledge) took place in mid-2022.

It does however highlight a shortcoming in that members should be removed when their membership expires and after the time specified in the constitution
Quote "6.3 --  Council is empowered to revoke the membership of any Member whose subscription is two months or more overdue and may delegate this power to the Membership Secretary."

The only people responsible for managing PVG are those individual who are formally designated and approved by Disclosure Scotland.
Am I correct in thinking that the lead signatory cannot be a Chess Scotland director? As we don't have a lead signatory arrange moment or indeed any other signatory can anyone other than a director apply for that post (not me by the way) we seem to have a plethora of ex directors with PVG who could fill that role
Thanks guys,

Once confirmation came through from Hamish, I added Chris today.

As I have been getting responses from those on the list, we have been amending the list to become one that displays active coaches whilst keeping the original list of all those PVG'd offline.