Forums
SNCL starts 27th October - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: SNCL starts 27th October (/thread-2320.html)

SNCL starts 27th October - Glynis Grant - 30-09-2024

Hi Folks,

Where has the summer gone?? Can't believe it's time for SNCL again.

Please tell your clubs and contact me by 16th October if you intend to enter teams.  Entry fee is £150 per team of five players.

Payment- I will accept cash on the day or cheques written out to Glynis Grant.   SNCL cheques are not accepted in the new account we have for SNCL.

If you wish to do a bank transfer then please email me and I will give you the details. I'm not comfortable with writing them here.

ggrant1@outlook.com

New teams always welcome

GG

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - amuir - 30-09-2024

Paisley have not made SNCL division one so it will be spectator duties for players again. It is a long way to travel for a poor view of the star players. Why not put the top division near the controllers this year for ease of access and clamp down on any noise near the door at the same time ?

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Ianbrownlee - 01-10-2024

Agreed Andy great idea, I might be a spectator as well and it would a great idea to have a spectator area as well and possibly live the live boards setup with local monitors as well. I saw that at Livingston one year and thought it was great

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Robert Lothian - 01-10-2024

There was mention of a new venue in the AGM minutes. Are we moving? If so, where is the new venue?

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Glynis Grant - 01-10-2024

Robert we are still at the old venue this season. New one is not expected to open until next year.

Andy and Ian - We can't put Div 1 near the controllers because that area does not have the best lighting in the darker evenings.  I could use the analysis room but that would mean greater noise in the foyer area with the juniors especially running and playing with their friends.
We've managed fine with the setup for all these years I'm sure you can manage this season too.

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Ianbrownlee - 01-10-2024

Yes I know about the lighting as that subject came up regarding the Scottish last year and that was during the summertime , I was going to mention that in my last post but (mistakenly) thought that point had been addressed for this years Scottish

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Alex McFarlane - 01-10-2024

Possibly not the right place to address questions about the Scottish but since it was raised.

The Championship (or most of it) was held in what is the SNCL analysis area. The other events were placed in the main hall in such a way as to maximise light. The bottom boards of the Championship were against the windows in the main room.

RE: SNCL starts 27th October - Glynis Grant - 04-10-2024

Andy Muir you said

Paisley have not made SNCL division one so it will be spectator duties for players again. 

I don't understand that comment. Surely you will be playing in the Paisley team no matter which division they are in so that you can help your team progress to  Div 1.

Remember Andy the divisions do not reflect the 'order of players grades'  It is possible for you to play highly graded players in the lower divisions and get lower graded players in Div 1. It all depends on the people who are available and wish to play for their clubs on Sundays.

SNCL is an open and supportive tournament. We have welcomed juniors, some of which can give our experienced players a good fright. Players are eager to analyse their games and give advice and support to each other. We have a friendly, fun ethos for those that wish it but also offer a challenge to our more 'elitist' individuals.

By the way I hate that word elitist but it is 1 o' clock in the morning and I can't think of a better way to say it!!

Goodnight