Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson & Spens results
Quote:Hamish Olson wrote "Blahblahblah"

Making up your own fantasy issues/points and then answering them yourself isn't big or clever Hamish. I also find your post offensive in tone and content (fine, I can be that way too on occasion as most people are probably aware of from my Andy Muir 'debates') but here it has been simply unnecessary and unwarranted.

-If it's a 'petty technicality' that someone (even someone as legendary as Jonathan Rowson) hasn't played for a club for at least 15 years in any event whatsoever, doesn't live in the country, has played for another team in the Richardson since 'leaving' BA, and is rumoured to be appearing in the final only, (and for a fee!?) - then it's at the pretty heavy end of petty!

To answer Andy Muir's point a little...
Quote:Do Dragons really not care who plays for BA ? eg a bunch of ineligible players just turning up on the day ?
is this humorous ? can the Olympiad squad (plus captains and those who turned down places) turn up for BA for practice ?

From the messages and (lack of) support I've had from fellow team members re: eligibility issues, I'd have to say no, they don't seem to care. I find it strange, and I'm not happy about this attitude, but there you have it.
Yes, having someone like Jonathan Rowson playing the final would be a coup of sorts - good publicity, great to see him in action, etc. But where does it end? "A bunch of ineligible players turning up on the day?" as Andy Muir says. In any event, it would hardly affect any preparation I would be doing; the board order 'rule' we are playing under means that I now have a look at a little bit of 'everything/everyone' in the lead-up to a big match.

Anyway, I'm sure Hamish will be relieved to know that I won't be 'pestering' him again. :-@ (although I could easily transcribe our entire conversation onto a matchbox cover using a crayon)

Messages In This Thread