Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary Individual Live
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Andy, how come only 24 took part when capacity allows 30-32?

I'll field this one...
We only had 24 players due to the limitations of the accommodation. There are only 33 beds (counting double beds as 1 bed as we don't want any top and tailing) we then had 2 arbiters, 2 chaperones, 1 coach and 2 spectators (Euan and Eilidh as Karen and Andy were chaperoning/arbiting).

So, 33-2-2-1-2 = 26 beds, of those two beds not used one would have been in a room of four which would be fine but the other would have been in a room with the adults and I think that would have detracted from that person’s experience. As such, we could have had 25 players but then someone would have sat out each round which I wasn’t keen on so 24 it was.

For next year, as they said in Jaws "We're going to need a bigger boat" to accommodate more players. Also, as an aside, the playing hall was pretty much full with the 8 live boards and 4 wooden boards; I doubt we could accommodate any more boards and if we get more live boards there would be no chance that the dinning hall would be big enough.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread