Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU agm
Just read through the report Andy M posts above and like the authors, I was taken aback when I read this...

"More shocking facts coming. For the European Youth Championship in Albena the rent for the playing hall is 125 000 eur. For those who have seen the balloon-type hall this is unbelievable, especially having in mind that the rent for the most modern hall in Sofia is 15 000 eur.

More numbers: the medical services at this championship are 40 000 eur, for security 45 000 eur."

I was the Scotland Head of Delegation at this event. The playing venue was shaped like an old aircraft hangar but was more like a big greenhouse. It had vents at each end but was still very hot. The toilets were outside in portakabins (one portakabin for all boys and one for all girls). Security at the playing venue consisted of one guy standing guard at the entrance to ensure no one without official accreditation was allowed access.

I can't be certain if the playing venue was a permanent structure. To charge 125,000 Euros rent is astonishing.

I have no idea how they arrived at the 45000 Euros security charge but I guess that just isn't the costs at the playing venue alone.

Messages In This Thread