Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standards Committee Chairman
StevieHilton Wrote:Jim,
That explanation raises more questions. The AGM, were prepared to appoint a protem chairman, so why not a full chairman?
AGM'S before had elected the Chairman of the Standards Committee so why not this years?

Why weren't nominations called for at the AGM for this post ?

The Standards committee's nomination has to be confirmed by the AGM not the management board that is how I understand it.
You said there were no nominations for the post, did the meeting allow for nominations from the floor, as it did with other positions?
Duncan will be an excellent choice, but I think that this has been poorly handled

Actually Steve,

Agree with you that Duncan is an excellent choice. However I have to disagree with you on one key point. The current constitution requires the appointment of the standard committee and chair to be made by a general meeting not necessarily by the annual general meeting.
For me it would be logical to add that topic onto the agenda for the general meeting to discuss the new constitution.

I could be wrong but as I read it there is no need for the members of the standards committee to be members of Chess Scotland. Which means there was no reason for Pat not to continue when his membership was not renewed (according to the 8th December list = the last time I looked). I guess Pat had another reason to step down.

Messages In This Thread