Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question re blitz chess draw by repetition
Andy Howie Wrote:
Ken_Stewart Wrote:(b) the arbiter has to follow the Laws as they are, not as he might wish them to be.

Could not have put it any better Big Grin
I would agree if there were any rules but there are no rules. In Ken's first reply he sain that he looked for a CS rule and could not find one: neither could I. He also said that the FIDE rules could not apply because we do not play under FIDE conditions. Therefore there are no rules to follow. There is no CS rule to say which FIDE rules can be applied and which do not. IN Ken's second reply he seemed to think that the only illegal move was to take the King. What about moving a piece to the wrong square. No one can observe it. How is that any different to repeating moves? May I suggest that CS rules are formulated. At present it is all arbitrary. You can be sure that I am taking a totally disinterested view on this as I will not be playing blitz again - it would be rewarding, however, if something is learned and improvements made.
Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please do not commonly desire more of it than they already possess. Descartes

Messages In This Thread