Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
hamish olson Wrote:I am dead against this and Bon Accord probably wouldn't enter if this was implemented. If you are going to do a central venue then it has to be genuinely central i.e. Perth, not 40 minutes from Edinburgh and 2 and a half from Aberdeen (5 hours of driving every round). If you want to have Grangemouth as the finals every year as seems to be the case then thats fine but it's too much to have it every round. We already have the SNCL which is fantastic, we don't need to make a pale imitation of it which is all the Richardson would be if we held an event in the same way but with a fifth of the teams and half the rounds and no track record in this format.
noted Hamish I'll see what can be done. The reason Grangemouth was chosen this year was that basically got the hall for free, thanks to the generosity of both Grangemouth sports centre and Grangemouth Chess Club. Chess Scotland cant afford to turn down such generosity. The central venue idea may have issues to be addressed but if incremental time controls are implemented , we have to address the idea of someone supplying digital clocks like CS and for someone to manage them in the case of a dispute. As I've already said we are very much in discussion as to where we go forward in this and | want to encourage further discussion on this.

Messages In This Thread