Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
"....respected on both sides which is good"

Agreed

"That clubs without track records are not entering the Spens/Rich is precisely the problem that has been discussed on here for sometime now with no resolution. How can we get these clubs involved and create some new track records without some change to the existing format?"

Hard to say how to solve this problem but making it too difficult for what has been termed the "North" to play is NOT the solution. (If a venue is nearer Newcastle than Aberdeen then what exactly is it in the centre of?)

"Getting another venue is difficult, and costly, and that's admin people just don't need or want."

I disagree and have put my money where my mouth is by organising plenty of Richardson matches in Dundee which isn't even my home town or a place I know at all well. I should probably credit Keith Rose here who has been incredibly helpful in the past but the point is still valid because most teams are going to be playing in their home city and therefore will know it well enough. Getting a function suite in a pub is not rocket science and if it is within my utterly woeful organisational abilities (ask anyone who knows me!) then it is easy enough for everyone else too. We did not even have to pay for a venue this season (shout out for Allison's Bar Dundee!) and even when we have it hasn't exactly broken the bank.

Messages In This Thread