Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz Events
Alex Gillies Wrote:Hi David
Is the results for Glasgow available - cant see them or a link for them - probably missed it.

Other commitments or myself and kids would have entered - will try to make Edinburgh. The events look really good - be good to see more of them and more attending.

I assume it was not done but I would also encourage a video recording for top board for YouTube - Jonathan Edwards Scottish Blitz format was very good. - Realise organisers have a lot as it is but it should simply sit on a tripod - perhaps someone like Ian Brownlee or Andy Burnett might want to have a go add the technical side of getting it to YouTube.

Cheers Alex

Hi Alex

We have a small article listing the prize winners on the CS News Article page: http://www.chessscotland.com/news/?p=5924

But we have not been as fast as we would wish to be regarding the production of crosstables and TPR's etc. Mainly because Fiona has not yet learnt how to do this from the pairings software and Malcolm (our IT developer) and I didn't put much thought into where to publish the results. We must have been concentrating on too much on the on-line entry and payment software.

However, when Fiona has mastered how to get the tables from the software she is going to get them to magically appear on the CS website by sending them to those who know how to do these things.

This small series of events, including one run in England, are a bit of a learning ground for us all. So whilst me might be a little slow in some areas and have failed to address some aspects appropriately, nothing has been serious enough to stop the competitions running. We hope to make some improvements if we run some more events later in the year, and perhaps venture over into some more technical areas as you suggest, which will help improve the presentation of our events.

Hope to see you in Edinburgh.

David

Messages In This Thread