Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment for Disabled Players
Adam,
There is not a talking digital clock that is approved by FIDE. There are two clocks that are used by blind players in FIDe rated tournaments. One is German made but it is not in production at the moment. The other is from Spain and costs about 140 Euros plus cost of postingThe German Clock costs a little bit more. The Spanish Clock can do 3 part time controls but the German only 2. I use the Spanish one at my tournaments both here and abroad.

David,
I have Never been against incremental time controls but there is a serious concern at the lack of equipment available to visually handicapped players The onus should be on CS to provide appropriate equipment for use by the visually handicapped Just because Prestwick is going to be the tournament to use these type of time controls, does not necessarily mean bringing the costs of such equipment down in the long term, unless actual orders are made for such equipment These clocks can be used as regular digital clocks You only hear the voice when you put the earpiece in your ear, so as not to disturb your opponent and so they would benefit everyone
I note that you have not stated an alternative to thse time controls

Messages In This Thread