Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney 2013
amuir Wrote:Patrick, Andy B, Alex

If you can't make AGM, care to discuss this by phone rather than the noticeboard/email ?

suggests some kind of wish to seek reconciliation, yet

amuir Wrote:"Andrew M wasn't available for Glorney"
Why not?
Can anyone enlighten me with the reasons for all the top players not playing ? eg player x, reason y
I coached the Glorney team when it was in Scotland but it is demoralising when they refuse to play in future years. They should be playing for the team, not themselves.
I played for Scotland five years running 1973-1977 and I wouldn't have thought to play an International Open instead.
McClement Andrew, Murdochy Shivan, Scott Jonathan, Roy Ali, Espinosa Cancino Miguel
Abdulla Murad, McDonald Ian are the ratings favourites.
Was anyone bullied into playing in Andorra ?
Apologise for paucity of information but the IJD should answer some basic questions.

suggests the opposite.

Andy to use loaded words such as bullying will keep the negativity going.

I think you are being economical with the truth Andy when you ask about being enlightened about top players not playing,,, to quote you in an earlier post on this topic

"Michael Hanley states the following:

"Hi Andy, can you please change your post, that Hamilton players withdrawn because of political situation, it is not accurate.Andrew McCusker has quit chess, Stuart Wynne is playing volleyball this summer in an international event.Michael Doyle and Craig Gillies are playing, do not know of any other Hamilton player selected.Michael."
amuir
Mikhail Botvinnik

"

Messages In This Thread