Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plea to the CS Directors
Derek,

The problem with the forum is it is but a small part of the membership. That's why it should never be used as a sole means of communication.

Yes I am blaming the infighting for a lot of the problems I am seeing at the moment. I am seeing the effect it is having on people who are quite frankly sick of it and ready to walk away. That is nothing to do with communication.

I think people forget that Chess in Scotland is run by volunteers, be it TD's, Arbiters, Coaches and so on. Mistakes are made and they are constantly criticized for them. Lets think on that point for a minutes. Volunteers who can walk away at any moment in time. That is our biggest problem at the moment and until that is resolved, everything else, in my opinion is incidental. When Hamish publishes the names of who is on the committee are we going to see hand wringing from all sides about how it is blatantly unfair or why so and so is missed off or are we going to accept that these people are going to make the changes needed and support them. I know what side I will be taking as change is both inevitable, needed and welcome! Maybe part of that change can cover Director communications laying down guidelines as you have suggested. It is not a bad idea at all!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread