Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Girls Championships - Location
Mike Scott Wrote:Derek/Phil
More tournaments = better? Sometime but not always. If we agree its good to have individuals and teams recognized as national champions we would surely want there only to be 1 of each. Also, given limited resources players/teams may only be able to make it to one or other of the events with the direct consequence that each event and the titles won at each are poorer as a result.

Mike, I'd personally agree that there should just one "national champion" but just because there is some initial confusion should not prevent other events from taking place. The issue was only raised on Saturday and I'm sure that discussions can take place to help reduce any confusion going forward.

As for the limited resources argument, it's obviously something that can be assessed going forward. It's been a few years since CS and SJC ran separate events and we don't know what effect it will have but hopefully both sets of touraments will be booming.

I believe that SJC have a positive and friendly relationship with David Deary as Home Junior Director and we have liaised with him and will continue to do so.

Messages In This Thread