Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Teams entered by deadline!!
Hi Folks,

The following teams have entered. If your team is not here then please contact me ASAP

Wandering Dragons           Perth                           Lenzie Basilisks            Lenzie Dementors            Inverclyde Phoenix          Bon Accord

Corstorphine                     CSBOS 1&2                  Stonehaven                 Queens Park                    Troon & District               Cathcart

Dundee A,B,C,D                Edinburgh 1,2,3            Phones                        Dumfries                         Forth Valley 1,2,3,4         Kilmarnock

Dunfermline Knights          Dunfermline Rooks      Dunfermline Bishops            Edinburgh West 1,2,3       Stepps Hamilton A & B

we are very close to the magical 40 which would give us four complete divisions. All new teams would be made very welcome
Pairings are now available on Chess Results

Div 1 https://chess-results.com/tnr1042183.aspx?lan=1

Div 2 https://chess-results.com/tnr1042217.aspx?lan=1

Div 3 https://chess-results.com/tnr1042224.aspx?lan=1
Hi, can I just ask what are the rules for board order? Is it CS published grades, CS live grades, or FIDE published grades or FIDE live grades?
Also is the allowance 50 points or 100? Also, do teams need to have the same board order throughout the season or it can change?
(25-10-2024, 09:44 AM)Nicolas Skettos Wrote: Hi, can I just ask what are the rules for board order? Is it CS published grades, CS live grades, or FIDE published grades or FIDE live grades?
Also is the allowance 50 points or 100? Also, do teams need to have the same board order throughout the season or it can change?

I could very well be wrong so check with an arbiter---Andy Howie, John McNicol or Rhuaridh McKay

Div 1 is FIDE live grades with 50 point leeway.
Div 2 & 3 are Scottish live grades with 100 point leeway.

On any given day, board order must remain the same but board order can change from one day to the next depending on attending players and latest grades.
(25-10-2024, 01:48 PM)Glynis Grant Wrote:
(25-10-2024, 09:44 AM)Nicolas Skettos Wrote: Hi, can I just ask what are the rules for board order? Is it CS published grades, CS live grades, or FIDE published grades or FIDE live grades?

I could very well be wrong so check with an arbiter---Andy Howie, John McNicol or Rhuaridh McKay

Div 1 is FIDE live grades with 50 point leeway.
Div 2 & 3 are Scottish live grades with 100 point leeway.

On any given day, board order must remain the same but board order can change from one day to the next depending on attending players and latest grades.

Thanks Glynis. Spot on.

As an SNCL arbiter team, we have been responding to individual specific queries over the past month but for the avoidance of doubt, please see the link to the up-to-date SNCL rules for the 2024-25 season. 

As decided at the SNCL AGM in the spring, the 50 point leeway in Division 1 is now using FIDE standard ratings, but the Division 2 and 3 rules on this remain Chess Scotland live standard grading with a 100 point leeway.

.pdf   SNCL Rules 2024.pdf (Size: 98.01 KB / Downloads: 18)
where are the links to the live boards guys
We don't do live boards at SNCL, not enough time to set them up.

It takes 90 minutes to set up assuming everything works, we have 60 between arrival and start of round 1. It is not possible to actually do unless someone changes the laws of physics
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"